Absolute Punk Interview
1. How did you get your band name? I woke up one morning with it rattling around in my head
2. How did this band get started? One too many songs that I thought deserved an audience.
3. What bands are you influenced by? Early on, it was The Beatles and Queen from my parents record collection, then Prince. Yes, it was a cassette I got for my birthday. Then followed up by Iron Maiden, and also anything that was on the radio. I’ve always dug a good song.
4. If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would they be and why? Other than the first two bands mentioned above, I’d say Stereophonics, Foo Fighters, Sugarcult and Bon Jovi. Bon Jovi is one band that refuses to die, and I can relate to that.
5. Best food to eat on tour? Anything open late, except no substitute for potato olays!
6. Why should people listen to your band? Birds of a feather.
7. If you could be any athlete, which athlete would you switch places with? I don’t watch sports, but if I had to trade places with someone it would be Hugh Hefner or Al Pacino.
8. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank? Whoever helped grease the wheels.
9. If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be? I think any change would be a good one. It seems it’s a perfectly dysfunctional mess at the moment.
10. Memorable tour experience? Running out of gas outside Denver, Colorado in January. That story never gets old.
11. What does AP.net mean to you? It means that people still care about music.
12. What is your favorite song to play? Count Your Blessings off of last years EP Karus Cruetus.
13. What is your vacation spot of choice? New Orleans. It’s a part of one of my past lives.
14. What music reminds you of your childhood? "China Grove". My dad drove that into the ground.
15. If you could have any super power, what would it be? Why? Regeneration, like Wolverine… I’d never have a hangover again.
16. Any pre-show superstitions or rituals? Tuning.
17. What is something that most fans don't know about you? I wish they’d introduce me to their friends!
18. What is your assessment of the current state of radio? I don’t listen to the radio anymore. Unless it’s the swap meet radio you get in Arkansas. It’s priceless.
19. What do you like to do in your spare time? Watch movies, hike and record songs.
20. What kind of hidden talents do you have? I’ve been drawing since I was two. And I haven’t met anyone yet that can drink me under the table. Whiskey.. You can’t say the word without smiling!